Monday, January 16, 2006

Every Minute


(a wonderful little bit of a wonderful song by Sara Groves)

I am long on staying ~ I am slow to leave ~ Especially when it comes to you my friend ~ You have taught me to slow down ~ And to prop up my feet ~ It's the fine art of being who I am ~ ~ And I can't figure out ~ Why you what me around ~ I'm not the smartest person I have ever met ~ But somehow that doesn't matter ~ No it never really mattered to you at all ~ ~ And at the risk of wearing out my welcome ~ At the risk of self-discovery ~ I'll take every moment ~ And every minute that you give me

Right now, I would love a coffee date with all of my friends, I'll take it with one at a time, two or three, or wouldn't it just be a gas (love that expression!) to have all together at the same time. Then, all of my friends would meet and make friends. We could talk about girl stuff, the latest sale, our kids, our husbands, anything that touched our hearts. Maybe we would cry (I've been needing a good cry), or laugh, hard, until I had to go to the bathroom (I've been needing a good laugh, too!). But, since, this isn't physically possible, I'm sending you a blogosphere coffee date. I can almost feel it now. The steam curling up around my face, my hands getting warmed by the almost too-hot-to-touch mug, and my friends smiling faces (arrgghh, not going to cry). Someday it will happen, with all of you, probably not all at the same time, but it will happen. Can't wait! Until then, I'll think of you when I get a chance to sit and enjoy coffee.

4 comments:

Susie said...

my coffee is in hand, friend.

Katie Glathar said...

makes me think of what heaven will be like...

until next time,

Laura Beth said...

I agree with Katie--Heaven must have the largest espresso bar that the human mind could ever imagine...

Angela said...

Oh, Amber! I have been missing good friendship so much lately! I have my Celestial Seasonings tea right here. Can I bring my UsWeekly and we can laugh at all the celebrity gossip?
Girls, I miss you all so much!