Saturday, January 28, 2006

Heavenly butt-kicking

"Never again will I complain about getting up early when my tiredness is mainly due to the long hours required to live a blessed life!" -Darlene Zschech

Those words lept out of the book I am reading and slapped me in the face, or like I said, kicked my butt. There are so many times when I want to feel God's hand and favor in my life, but I just sit back and wait for it. Faith is action. So, as I look at my house currently, it seems as though there is no end. But, the happiness that comes, that simple-contented breath, when my house is clean, Judah is asleep, I am heading there, the laundry is done (that part is virtually never), me and Dan have had a chance to actually talk about things that are going on in our lives and other issues, and I completed everything I need to for the month, is a moment that I enjoy. It is a blessed moment. And, I want more of those. So, here's to buckling down, and getting stuff done.

1 comment:

Laura Beth said...

Funny how you had a butt kicking to get things done. God is kicking my butt about how that stuff isn't as important as I think it is :) But, finding the bed under all of the laundry before I try to sleep in it at night is a good thing, too!