Sunday, January 29, 2006

Opinions about having no electricity

1. real showers just don't happen. Okay, yeah, I wash my hair every other day in the sink, and my body gets cleaned off, and Judah gets baths. But, the amount of water it takes for him to have a bath, and for my hair to get washed, is a lot less than the amount it takes for me to dare to take a shower. I am not a short-shower type person, and if it's cold, or tepid, forget it!! We don't stink, though, if that is what you are starting to think.

2. laundry just doesn't happen (we are starting to sound like pigs!). I thought about writing an 'ode to a dryer', but since I don't even have one to work with the non-existent electricity, I decided against it. Too many emotions involved with the absence that special piece of machinery.

3. candlelight dinners are not fun anymore!!!!

4. Just when you sit down at the computer, get all of the pictures resized, and uploaded, and are about to hit 'send', the electricity cuts out.

5. It's even bad for the electric company. In another village, one of the workers is in charge of going to the transformer and shutting off electricity for that specific transformer's area got beat up and threatened. They told him to stop turning their electricity off. I guess they have been having good electricity now. I need to find out some names....

6. how many layers of clothing can you fit under your jeans? I know mine depending on which pair of jeans I am wearing. And, they all get shed when we go into the living room, but every other room in the house warrants the layers.

7. Ben Franklin could really help the Kosovars!!

1 comment:

The Melones said...

Wow, I will not complain at all today due to your post-I take many things for granted that I shouldn't. Thanks for the insight, I need it from time to time.
Rachel