Sunday, January 22, 2006

Lately...

* We are weaning Judah of the pacifier. Now, he only gets it when he goes on visits. He does really good, and he only cried for 20 minutes before he fell asleep for nap today. I feel like we are digressing somehow...

* Me and Dan fought this morning because I was being irrational (I was), but I just couldn't stop! It would be easy to blame raging hormones, but I have to take the blame for not even trying to listen, or hear, the Holy Spirit telling me to "SHUT UP"

* We went on a date tonight for the first time in who know's how long. It was very nice.

* I won't think about all of the stuff that I have to get done this week to avoid the panicky feeling that is building in my chest.

** I read in the Bible tonight, that "God gives each of us chance after chance..." Job 33:29 CEV, and I can't help but inwardly scream, "THANK YOU, FATHER!" Thank you for making up for me when I completely and utterly fail. Thank you for still giving me Your undeserving love after I have taken my own desires and placed them in front of obedience to you. Thank you for blessing my family and me, for the promises that You have for my life and their lives, and for allowing us to live for You. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for giving me peace when I truly feel like my life will fall down at any moment. Thank you for surrounding me. And, most of all, thank you for always remaining faithful, chance after chance.

2 comments:

Laura Beth said...

I just want you to know that I read this blog almost everyday. It's funny that when people don't leave comments on my blog I think that no one must be reading it. But then I realized that I don't leave messages everytime I've read a blog either...I love knowing about your lately's...

Katie Glathar said...

Amber,
I am with LB. I love to see you and what is going on in Kosova. This is such a fun and creative way to share our lives. Keep it up girlfriend!!!